Mortgage lenders including banks and non-bank lenders have the responsibility of staying compliant with laws and regulations in the mortgage lending industry. The following list includes the major federal laws in place to make sure mortgage lenders stay compliant within the industry:
- Truth in Lending Act
- Fair Housing Act
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act11
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Community Reinvestment Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- New Homeowner’s Protection Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
When you choose Key Realty School for your NMLS mortgage continuing education in Las Vegas, NV, you’re choosing the best education courses to help you learn how to stay compliant as a mortgage lender. In addition to our in-person 8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive Continuing Education classes, we offer flexible online courses to meet the requirements you need to become a mortgage lender. A few topics covered include:
- Disclosure provisions of federal laws related to mortgage lending.
- Procedures to protect the privacy of consumers as required by federal law.
- Ethics and discuss the purpose of codes of ethics.
- Anti-discrimination Laws.
- Agency guidelines on lending and subprime loans.
- Primary mortgage market and secondary mortgage market.
- Loan processing.
- Standard loan applications.
- Evaluating borrowers.
For more information on how to stay compliant as a mortgage lender, contact Key Realty School.